用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:【双语】美国女生毕业舞会穿旗袍引争议 但获中国网友支持

字体:    回复
【双语】美国女生毕业舞会穿旗袍引争议 但获中国网友支持
palm21(2018/5/7 11:31:37)  点击:70840  回复:0  IP:222.* * *
近日,美国一名18岁女孩身穿一件红色旗袍参加了高中毕业舞会。她还兴奋地在社交网站贴出自己身穿旗袍与朋友的合照,没想到引来了网络骂声不断,说她不该穿旗袍。但她却获得了很多中国网友的支持。

Keziah Daum, an 18-year-old from Utah in the United States, who has no Chinese roots, was accused of “cultural appropriation” after posting photographs on Twitter that featured her in a traditional Chinese qipao, or cheongsam.

来自美国犹他州的18岁女孩凯齐娅•多姆并没有中国血统,她将自己身穿中式旗袍的照片上传到推特上,之后便受到了“文化挪用”的指责。

The dress symbolised a silent protest to promote gender equality after the fall of the dynasties and the beginning of the republican period in the early 1900s, and was worn during the 1919 reformist May Fourth Movement.

在中国封建王朝覆灭和20世纪初民国时期开始后,旗袍象征着促进两性平等的无声抗议,在1919年的“五四”运动中许多女性也穿上了旗袍。

Daum has stood by her decision to wear the dress, which was red and embroidered with gold and black, and told the South China Morning Post it projected a “wonderful message”. She has not deleted her original April 22 post.

多姆认为自己穿旗袍的决定并没有错。她的旗袍是红色的,上面有金色和黑色的绣花。她向《南华早报》表示,这条裙子传递了一个“美妙的信息”。她没有删除自己4月22日在网上发的穿旗袍帖子。

She was not aware of the dress’ history before buying it at a vintage shop in Salt Lake City, she said in an email, but “simply found a beautiful, modest gown and chose to wear it”.

多姆在一封电子邮件中说,她在盐湖城的一家古着店里买下这件旗袍,在购买前她并不清楚旗袍的历史,“只是发现了一件漂亮、端庄的礼服,并选择穿它”。

买回来后,多姆还特意搜索了旗袍的相关背景知识,了解到她是女性权利提高的标志,“我就更喜欢它了。”

多姆说舞会当晚,所有人都称赞她的旗袍,包括老师、同学、朋友,甚至是餐馆的服务员。但没想到的是,几天后,网上就传来了质疑的声音,部分人说她的行为有欠考虑、甚至该受到谴责,而有些人则为她做辩护。

“I posted photos for my friends to see. I never imagined it would go so far.

她说:“我在网上贴出这些照片是给朋友看的。我从没想到它会引发这么大的争议。”

“I am sorry if anyone was offended. That was never my intention. I am grateful I was able to wear such a beautiful dress.”

“如果我冒犯了任何人,我很抱歉,这不是我的本意。我很感激我能穿上这么漂亮的衣服。”

One Twitter user, Jeremy Lam, had written: “My culture is not your ... prom dress.” The tweet generated more than 40,000 retweets, nearly 180,000 likes and thousands of comments on the social media platform.

一名叫杰雷米•林的推特用户写道:“我的文化不是你的……舞会礼服。”此条推文在推特上获得了超过4万次转发、将近18万点赞和数以千计的评论。

“This isn’t OK. I wouldn’t wear traditional Korean, Japanese or any other traditional dress and I’m Asian,” another user wrote. “There’s a lot of history behind these clothes. Sad.”

另一名用户写道:“这不合适,我不会穿韩国、日本的传统服装或者其他任何传统服饰,我是亚洲人。这些服装背后有很多历史。这让人难过。”

不过,也有很多人对她表示了声援,其中就有很多中国网友。

“Very elegant and beautiful! Really don’t understand the people who are against her, they are wrong!” one person commented on an article by Wenxue City News.

在文学城新闻网站刊登的一篇文章中,一名网友发表评论说:“非常优雅,也很美!真的不理解那些反对她的人,他们错了!”

“It is not cultural theft,” another wrote. “It is cultural appreciation and cultural respect.”

另一个人写道:“这不是文化盗窃。这是文化欣赏和文化尊重。”

Weibo users added that Daum looked beautiful and criticised those who have accused her.

微博用户还补充说多姆看上去很美,并批评那些攻击她的人。

“Culture has no borders,” one wrote. “There is no problem, as long as there is no malice or deliberate maligning. Chinese cultural treasures are worth spreading all over the world.”

一名用户写道:“文化没有国界。只要没有恶意或者蓄意伤害,那就没有问题。中国的文化宝藏值得推广到全世界。”

网上的负面言论似乎并没有吓倒多姆,她表示,如果再来一次,她还会选择穿这件旗袍。她再次在推特中强调自己穿旗袍毫无恶意:“我喜欢、欣赏多元性和其他文化。我毫无恶意。我爱每个人。”

美国女生毕业舞会穿旗袍引争议 但获中国网友支持

With the recent promotion of traditional Chinese culture, the dress now embodies the idea of being ethnically Chinese.

近来随着中国传统文化的推广,旗袍这种服饰现在成为华夏文明的象征。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:【双语】美国女生毕业舞会穿旗袍引争议 但获中国网友支持
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找